Five Tip’s To Sell Your Home
Selling your home can seem like an impossible task – especially if you’ve got your heart set on a new property that you want to move into right away. Here at THRemovals.co.uk we want to help potential customers sell their homes as quickly as possible – so here are five top tips that we’ve come up with:
- 1. Time your sale just right – Spring and Autumn are the two best times to sell your home. Demand increases and inevitably prices do too. If you fail to time your house sale correctly, you could end up waiting a long time for potential buyers to show interest.
- 2. Tidy up! You wouldn’t believe how many people show prospective buyers around their home when it’s looking extremely untidy. You need to make your home look as appealing as possible to potential buyers – you’ve got to do everything within your power to make them want it. Would you want to live in a house if it looked like a pigsty when you went to view it? Tidying up goes for the outside too – the front garden is often the first thing a viewer will say, make sure it creates a great impression.
- 3. Get rid of things you don’t need. Not only will your house look uncluttered when people come to view it, it’ll be easier to move once the house is sold (because you’ll have less things to shift!). Look through your possessions and furniture objectively and get rid of anything you don’t need. You’d be amazed at how much junk the average person tends to accumulate!
- 4. Redecorate or touch up around the house. Redecorating is obviously rather expensive whether you do it yourself or pay someone else. That said, redecorating adds value to a property because people see it as something they can just move into – somewhere that won’t need work when they move in. If you don’t have the time or money available to redecorate your property, why not just touch it up instead with a bit of pain here and there?
- 5. Be prepared to accept offers – it’s part and parcel of selling your home. Don’t be tempted to accept ridiculous low-ball offers, but do listen to reasonable offers that are fairly close to your asking price. If you’re not going to entertain offers then make sure you set a realistic, fair selling price – otherwise your home will never sell!
When you’ve managed to sell your home and the wheels are in motion for your house move, remember to call us! We can move your possessions from A to B with minimal fuss and at the best possible rates. We’re a full service removals company operating throughout Watford, Luton and St Albans. Pick up the phone and call us today to find out more about how we can help you!