6 Tips for Moving Day
We’ve already established that moving house is hugely stressful. In this blog, we’re going to look at 6 top tips for you to bear in mind when the big day finally arrives. Bear these tips in mind and you’ll go a long way to reducing the stress involved with your move…
- 1. Keep your bedding and a couple of towels in the back of your car, or somewhere else where you can access them easily. At the end of a hard day moving boxes from A to B, you’ll want to lay down in bed and catch some sleep without having to hunt for your duvet and pillows first. Keeping a few towels handy is a great idea too, so you can have a shower – it’s amazing how dirty and dusty moving house can be.
- 2. Communicate effectively with your removals company – tell them which boxes need to go where. Without communication, it’s likely your items will end up in the wrong rooms. Be sure to tell any removals workers where you want them to put things – they’re not mind-readers!
- 3. Think about refreshments and dinner. Even if you’re not a huge fan of takeaway food, the day you move house is the perfect time to grab a steaming hot tray of fish and chips. Keep lots of bottled water handy, and also some snacks and refreshments in case you end up feeling a little peckish.
- 4. Be the last person to leave your old property and the first person to enter your new one. This means you can do a quick sweep of each property to ensure the rooms are completely empty, and in the specified condition agreed with your estate agent.
- 5. Charge your mobile phone fully the night before your move – you’ll need it! If it’s not friends and family calling to wish you all the best in your new property, it’s solicitors and bank managers trying to get in touch. Make sure your phone is charged and you’ve got ample battery to talk to everyone who needs your attention on the big day.
- 6. Take meter readings in your old property and at your new property – hand these to your utilities providers as soon as possible. If you don’t take meter readings you may end up paying for utilities that someone else has used.
And there we have it! Six top tips that will help to alleviate the stress on your shoulders on the big day of your house move. If you’re looking for a reliable removals company in the Herts, Beds or Bucks areas, be sure to call us now – we can help you!