Moving Home ? Declutter to Sell Your Property Faster
If you’ve decided to sell your house but you have things in every nook and cranny, the first thing you need to do is declutter. It could increase the final sale price.
1. Be ruthless. If you haven’t used an item for months on end or you’re saving things ‘for a rainy day’, stop. Get a bin bag, fill it and donate it to your local charity shop.
Viewers need to imagine what your home would look like if it belonged to them and seeing your things makes this harder.
2. If there are items or furniture you wish to keep but you don’t want them on display while you show the house, consider renting storage space until moving day.
3. If you need help to clear away excess waste and unwanted items you can hire experts like TH Removals. We provide a professional and friendly rubbish clearance service.
4. Don’t forget the garden! A cluttered garden is a bad advertisement. TH Removals can help you there too.
5. After you have removed the rubbish, clean your home thoroughly. For tough jobs like toilet limescale, you can eliminate the need to scrub by using white vinegar.
6. Give your home a new coat of paint, preferably in white or cream. Bolder colours may not be to the viewers taste and a neutral colour will make your rooms look more spacious. Wall mirrors can also expand a room.
7. Cut threads off carpets, replace cracked kitchen tiles and do other minor maintenance work around the property. Viewers are more likely to buy if they don’t have to pay to replace carpets and fixtures.
8. If your kitchen is outdated, consider putting in a new one. Although a major investment, it could add thousands to the value of your home.
9. Add homely touches to give the room a warm atmosphere, such as putting a full fruit bowl on the table or having a roaring log fire on.
10. Place plants or fresh flowers in the communal rooms. These look nice and make the house smell great.